The Publication Policy of the journal “BULLETIN of the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University. Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociology series ” focuses on the traditional ethical principles of scientific periodicals, set out in the Guideline for Journal Editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics ^(Committee on Publication Ethics: COPE), containing the following requirements:
By sending an article to the Editorial Office, the author allows the Publisher, L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University, to publish the article in the journal and republish it in any foreign language. The author(s) guarantee that they do not violate any copyright.
By sending the article to the Рublisher, the authors grant to L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University the rights for an unlimited period:
- the right to reproduce the article (publication, duplication, replication or other reproduction of the paper) without limiting the circulation of copies, the right to distribute the article in any way. At the same time, during reproduction, each article copy will contain the name of the article author(s);
- the right to freely distribute the article on any medium throughout the world as a separate work and/or as part of the journal;
- the right to use metadata of the article (title, name of the author (copyright holder), abstracts, references, full text of the article, etc.) by distributing and making it available to the public, processing and systematization, as well as inclusion in various databases and information systems, including full-text versions of the published article.
- The author(s) also grant the journal Publisher the right to store and process their personal data for an unlimited period of time (last name, first name, patronymic, information about education, information about work place and position held). Personal data is provided for their storage and processing in various databases and information systems, their inclusion in analytical and statistical reports, the creation of reasonable relationships between objects of works of science, literature and art with personal data, etc.
- The author(s) are responsible for the unlawful use of objects of intellectual property, objects of copyright in a scientific article in accordance with the current legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- The Author(s) consent to check the article for plagiarism by the journal Publisher
- The Author(s) confirm that the submitted article has not been published anywhere before, has not been sent and will not be sent for publication in other scientific publications.
- The author read the Editorial Policy of the journal, which contains general information about the journal, the procedure for reviewing articles, guidelines for authors, and publication ethics.
Requirements for articles. The article:
- should be issued according to the journal requirements,
- the article should not be published or be under review in another journal,
- should contain original research results,
- should include the results only of the author(s) article (the inclusion of other persons is unacceptable). It is assumed that at the time of sending the article, all authors agree with the publication in this journal and do not object to the order of indication of the authors in the article,
- should include in the references only those peer-reviewed sources that were actually used in the research,
- should indicate all used sources (including the author(s) articles).
The journal uses a double-blind peer review procedure to ensure the quality of published articles. For the reviewer, the object of review should be only the results of the received research.
Each article submitted for review is treated as a confidential document. The Reviewer cannot use unpublished article materials on his own research. The reviewer can re-send material to the third person only with the permission of the Editor-in-Chief,
The reviewer should submit to the editor an objective work assessment, if it is necessary, suggest options for improving the submitted material.
The reviewer must refuse to review the material, notifying the editor if he/she is not a specialist in the subject matter of the material.
- проводить работу по расширению географического разнообразия авторов, приглашать к публикации специалистов, работающих в разных организациях и странах,
- оценивать интеллектуальное содержание рукописей вне зависимости от пола, национальности, вероисповедания и других личных качеств автора/авторского коллектива,
- не рассматривать рукописи в случае наличия интересов вследствие конкурентных, совместных и других взаимодействий и отношений с авторами и организациями, связанными с рукописью.
Editor-in-Chief and editorial board members undertake:
pay special attention to the qualitative composition of articles, participate in meetings of the editorial board of the journal, always express your reasoned decision in agreement (or disagreement) with the decisions of reviewers on the article, make decisions on determining the content of journal issues,
to work on the expansion of the geographical diversity of authors, to invite for publication specialists working in different organizations and countries,
pay special attention to the qualitative composition of articles
participate in meetings of the journal editorial board, make decisions on determining the content of journal issues.
Editor-in-Chief (the duties of the Editor-in-Chief are performed by the deputy Editor-in-Chief in the event of certain circumstances (business trip, unforeseen circumstances, etc.)
- identifies reviewers (scientists or specialists in the relevant field) for each received article that has passed the initial selection for compliance with technical requirements
- to determine the content of the current issue, makes the final decision on the publication of the submitted manuscript based on the reviewers' feedback and discussion of the manuscript at the meeting of the Editorial Board.
The Editorial Office deals directly with the authors of articles and does not work with agencies to provide services to authors for the publication of their research results.
The Editorial Office is obliged to make decisions as soon as possible when unethical behavior of authors, editors and reviewers is detected. Unethical behavior of authors includes falsification of the composition of authors, publication of pseudoscientific texts, their falsification and fabrication, manipulation of citations, unauthorized borrowing (plagiarism), parallel submission of material to other publications.
If unethical behavior of the author(s) is detected in the process of reviewing a manuscript or its pre-printing preparation, the Editorial Office has the right to withdraw the manuscript from further review and terminate cooperation with the author. In the case of unethical behavior of the author after the publication of his/her article (detection of parallel publication, copyright violation, plagiarism, etc.) the Editorial Office has the right to decide to retract the article from the journal site and from the archive and scientific indexing databases, notifying other journals (in which the article has been published in the same period) about the unethical behavior of the author(s). The Editorial Office undertakes not to make unjustified decisions to cancel the publication (retraction), unless significant problems are found in connection with their publication (unethical behavior of the author, errors, etc.).
The unethical behavior of the reviewers and editors of a journal includes the submission of texts of articles to other journals without the agreement of the authors, the submission of articles by authors to third parties, the violation of copyright, the principle of confidentiality of editorial processes, and the support of articles due to interests due to competitive, collaborative, and other interactions and relationships with authors and organizations associated with a manuscript.
In the case of complaints concerning reviewed manuscripts or published material, the editorial office undertakes to respond adequately: first, the author of the article is asked for clarification. An investigation is carried out only in the case of an unsatisfactory response from the author.
Potential situations of ethical behavior violations of authors, editors and reviewers not mentioned above will be resolved on the basis of the Committee on Publication Ethics (Committee on Publication Ethics: COPE, Promoting integrity in scholarly research and its publication | COPE: Committee on Publication Ethics).
Editor-in-Chief, members of the Editorial Board and reviewers have a possibility to publish articles in the journal, but they are not allowed to use their privileges. All articles, including articles of responsible editors of special issues, also undergo a reviewing procedure and are considered at the Editorial Board meeting.
In case of detection of errors (misprints in formulas, in indicators due to technical reasons) in published articles, information about the corrections can be published in subsequent issues.